On August 12, 1933, a group of Nebraska automobile dealers met at the Paxton Hotel in Omaha, to form Nebraska Automobile Dealers Association. Articles of Incorporation were filed for Nebraska Automobile Dealers Association on September 13, 1933, with the principal place of business in Omaha, Nebraska.
The First Annual Meeting and Convention of Nebraska Automobile Dealers Association was held in the Sidles-Duda-Myers Co. Building in Omaha on February 7, 1934. Membership consisted of 346 dealers.
The name of the association changed over the years. On March 19, 1941, Nebraska Motor Dealers Association, was adopted. On January 9, 1948, the name became Nebraska New Car Dealers Association. Finally, on August 10, 1977, the name of the association became Nebraska New Car & Truck Dealers Association.
Through the years since 1933, Nebraska New Car & Truck Dealers Association has come a long way in promoting the welfare of the franchised new car and truck dealers in Nebraska and continues to afford dealers the opportunity of exchanging views and taking concerted action for the betterment of Nebraska’s automotive industry.
“To afford opportunity to members of the corporation of associating and exchanging views with each other, and to take such concerted action as may be desirable for the betterment of trade conditions generally in the automotive industry in the State of Nebraska;…”
All franchised new car and truck dealers in Nebraska are invited to be members. NNCTDA membership includes more than 98% of the franchised new car and truck dealers in Nebraska.