NNCTDA is the state trade association for Nebraska’s new car and truck dealers and the voice of Nebraska dealers. Since 1933, NNCTDA has provided dealers the opportunity to exchange views and take concerted action for the betterment of Nebraska’s automotive industry.
On August 12, 1933, a group of Nebraska automobile dealers met at the Paxton Hotel in Omaha, to form Nebraska Automobile Dealers Association. Articles of Incorporation were filed for Nebraska Automobile Dealers Association on September 13, 1933, with the principal place of business in Omaha, Nebraska.
The First Annual Meeting and Convention of Nebraska Automobile Dealers Association was held in the Sidles-Duda-Myers Co. Building in Omaha on February 7, 1934. Membership consisted of 346 dealers.
The name of the association changed over the years.
On March 19, 1941, Nebraska Motor Dealers Association, was adopted. On January 9, 1948, the name became Nebraska New Car Dealers Association. Finally, on August 10, 1977, the name of the association became Nebraska New Car & Truck Dealers Association.
To increase the number of trained and qualified service technicians in Nebraska, scholarships are awarded annually to students in automotive-related studies at each of the state’s six technical community colleges. Carriage House Foundation has awarded 289 tuition scholarships from 1985 through 2020 and donated over $930,119.00 for additional tuition and tool scholarships, college facility upgrades, instructor continuing education, and new equipment in the automotive, diesel and autobody programs at the state’s six community colleges.
“To afford opportunity to members of the corporation of associating and exchanging views with each other, and to take such concerted action as may be desirable for the betterment of trade conditions generally in the automotive industry in the State of Nebraska;…”